my thrifty living is going to get thriftier

hurumph … I lost my temporary job yesterday – apparently being off sick with flu is no excuse for not going in, despite the fact that there were signs all over the centre saying ‘don’t come in if you have a temperature etc.’ So I am now unemployed again.

What really sucks is that I liked that job. I liked the other members of staff, I liked the clients. I was good at the job. Bollox to it.

So today I start again. I fired off a few CVs yesterday to agencies and had 2 call backs within the hour – so I’ve just got to go and have interviews there. I’ve also found a few jobs I’m going to apply for – including one at the House of Commons! Oh my … that would be funny. There are quite a few posts in education for charities and museums still – so I’m sticking to that tack. However, I’ve also asked someone if I can intern for them – they’re the Head of Development and Communications for a theatre and it would be great experience for me. So … I’m not going to rest on my laurels, no siree bob. Today though … could be nice to rest on laurels!

I just have to recount what happened last night – that ties in with yesterday’s post. After losing my job I was relieved to see that I had a bottle of wine in the fridge – so out it came and down my neck it went. Not the best thing to do when you’re full of flu meds. So I got drunk quite quickly. Our living room basically is very odd, we have the staircase and the front door in it – and as we were sitting there discussing democracy (true) the poor paper-boy tried to put the local free newspaper through our letter box. Being sick of having so much paper around I shouted ‘take it back!’ – and he did! I did think it was quite funny! So now I have a response to junk mail – just shout at them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails